Friday, February 26, 2016

A city made of light

I used to live in a big city. Once I used to wake up in the morning to get ready for work while it was still dark. When I got back from work it was dark again as I had to work all day. I couldn't see the sunshine at all for a long time. Fortunately, there was a suitable substitution for the sunshine as a result of high-tech achievements. Neon lights coming from everywhere around us with beautiful nuances compose such a beautiful new color that I have never seen before. This is a common pattern for an average person originating from a small town to be fascinated by a commodity which comes along with the pleasure living in big cities. For a person who has never been through the streets of a big city this is such an overwhelming situation, that you look everywhere around getting fascinated by almost everything. "How come that these people are so organized? How could these buses and underground trains be so accurate and always arrive on time? Is this development a reflection on people's mental structure?" I started me asking myself. "I guess any development or inhibition of growth rides on people's mentality or perhaps, just perhaps it is a mixture of several causes. Who knows?"
You wake up in the morning, you prepare your breakfast, you wash up, you have your morning coffee, you exit your house, you go to your bus stop and you wait for your bus at 5.36 a.m. You finish your job late in the evening, you come home, you have supper, you wash up, and you go to bed.
The following day you have to repeat the same procedure and the following day and the following day. Finally, Saturday comes up, you could relax for a while, your wages are paid and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. You can go to a disco, have a few liquors and then gradually you become relaxed and sluggish. Your body is relaxed now a bit, your natural instincts are in order again and you can venture yourself in some indulgences.
On Monday you repeat the same cycle, over and over again. A few Mondays later the faces in the bus you go to work with are getting familiar. Now you can realize that they look like a figure made of wax, so cold, so pale. They are staring somewhere with their eyes fixed at one single point and probably thinking of something. After a few Mondays you ask yourself some odd questions: "Are those blokes aware of my presence here in the bus. I am aware of their presence here in the bus, but are they aware of me. How could they be aware of me as they have never had a look at my face? "When I think better no one of these people all around the city have ever looked me in my eyes, apart from some people who work in stores when I go shopping or a clerk in an office. I guess out of politeness they never cast a glance at my eyes directly. I walk through the busy streets of this crowded city, we all are so close to each other but no one is aware of my being." People in this bus should be my family, they should hear me out when I have something to say as I travel with them every day", I am thinking. "And all these lights have lost their beautiful colors and all nuances vanished", "where have these lights gone?" No problem. "I will get some new lights in a new bus", "I will get some new route to work", "even though it is going to be longer route the surrounding lights will be new, more beautiful, more colorful. Faces will be newer, milder, gentler, and less polite. That would be perfect".
I ride in my new bus and it is full of people. Despite the fact that there is no room for more than 50 people there is far more in it. I couldn't see the end of the bus to whichever direction I cast a glance. And here a miracle comes: All these people are naked except for a small piece of cloth covering their reproductive organs. They are all dancing around a bonfire. Males have long bearded, long hair and females got some kind of decoration pierced in their noses. The weather is cold as it is night and there are no trees around us. It is so deserted and inhospitable area. It is so dark that I can only see the light from the fire burning my face. Now when the dance is getting finished one male of the ritual approaches to me and starts talking some language that I can't understand. He continues repeating but I am sorry not to understand him. Then all males and females lay me on the rocky ground pointing their index fingers in the sky. It is clear so I can count millions of stars up there different in their size and illumination. The tribe is trying to communicate with me pointing their face up in the sky. The stars are so beautiful, there are no different colors only metallic color descending from the stars, from all those children of the universe. Should I feel beautiful, excited and agitated now exactly as I felt before looking at various colors? Or should I feel calm knowing that metallic color makes me swim to an unknown direction. Is this rejuvenation real without fear of unknown? Why I am not afraid? Do I know the truth now or I just hope of the truth?
Some scientists also claim that city lights can spur some mental disorders as this can prevent the "light of life from stars" from shedding our bodies. We need to look at the stars at night and to be aware that our Sun is also a star and thanks to the stars we are alive. Stars are our grandfathers and all the elements we are composed of are actually all created on the stars originally. These big creatures are sources of energy and without them we can't exist. They are composed mainly of hydrogen and helium as well as all other elements.
There are some theorists who believe that our destiny rides on the influence of the stars and I agree with them all the way. Reconnect with them, reconcile with the fact that everything has its beginning and its end and show deep respect towards the stars too as they have their beginning and their end as well.
A human's life is just a crumb of extension of star's life. We share the destiny of the star, we are getting born and we die. The same applies to the star. The only difference is that the star lives much longer than us. Comprehending this awesome fact that even stars which live much longer than us, actually billions of years, will eventually die should give us peace of mind and confirms that everything has its beginning and its end.
Some people say that our destiny rides on a destiny of a star. I incline to agree, and even more, enjoying in our view at the stars is a starting coordinate into re-connection with them. This can help us beat many mental disorders, rejuvenate and feel alive again which actually is our true purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment